Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Jedi Council of St. Paul's

I went to parish council last night to help represent the youth of the parish as we checked in with the council-members on how we were doing. It was pretty fun actually and made me even more glad to be going to St. Paul's. The people on council are incredibly supportive of and interested in the youth of the parish and were really glad to have us there. I wasn't sure how much interest there was in having us sing now that our regular pianist is back (he had injured his knee, so we made a youth choir to help sub in for him), but I'm thinking that we'll definitely be back singing sometime soon. I was thinking before going that we might need a  full-time youth representative on council, but seeing the people who are on it now, I know we've already got strong support. And that's really just awesome. I think this will be "my church" for a long time and I'm really excited about that.

3 comments:

PTChick said...

I'm glad that you have found a place that makes you feel the way that you do. I have that same feeling when I go to our church.

Annie said...

I am just testing this out to see if I need to add a new picture or not.

annie

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.